At the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Illinois, the sense of hope never fades. Since 1985, the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Illinois has worked with parents, volunteers and the community to share the power of a wish® with thousands of children with life-threatening medical conditions.
How do we do it? The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Illinois is part of the nation's largest and most well established wish-granting organization, one with chapters and volunteers throughout the U.S. and abroad. We draw on that strength as well as our vast local network to make your child's dream a vivid and memorable reality.
Put simply, our goal at Make-A-Wish is to be a unique part of the treatment process. With the doctors providing the medicine and Make-A-Wish supplying the magic, we strive to create miracles in the lives of these very special children.
- We do fulfill wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions.
- We do accept referrals and requests from parents/guardians, medical staff and even the children themselves.
- We do fulfill wishes for children of all economic backgrounds.
- We do begin the wish process as soon as we receive the request.
- We do fulfill each wish at the family's convenience.
- We do respect a family's request for privacy and confidentiality.
- We don't choose which children receive wishes. All children who are medically eligible have wishes fulfilled.
- We don't consider the family's financial status.
- We don't put wish children on a waiting list.
- We don't make one wish more important than any other.
More than 10,000 children have been granted a wish by Make-A-Wish Illinois.